- Further development and extension of a web application for interactive tracking of trucks with construction materials. Development of a heuristic to automatically visually prepare truck routes and display them in the Google-Maps-based view.
- Introduction of a mono-repository in order to be able to develop all front-end applications and components efficiently together. Introduction of tooling to automate static hosting in Azure together with the Azure CDN via GitLab-CI This was also the replacement of the previous much slower Docker-based front-end solution.
- Introduction of a backend selector to dynamically select a backend from different environments.
- Unification of the TypeScript configuration and ESLint rules for a uniform tooling in the team. Support of the introduction of Cypress-based E2E tests. Successive conversion of the code base to TypeScript.
- Implementation of a massively revised Axios-based API client for REST-based communication with the backend.
- Introduction of automatic semantic versions for the front-end products and generation of changelogs for different deployment scenarios. Integration of the Changelogs into the release management process and preparation of data for dashboards to communicate customizations to the global business.
- Sparring partner for UX designers and lead developer to design and structure the UI framework. I helped to develop a common understanding of good component structures and to implement this understanding into reality.
- Used technologies: React (Redux, React Router, i18next, Hooks), Lerna, Prettier, ESLint, TypeScript, Azure Cloud, Jest, Cypress.
During our collaboration with Mr. Werner, my team and I witnessed how a knowledgeable and experienced person can provoke the minds of the entire team. He forced us to learn and generally to question more. Also, to learn in the right direction so that we could then find solutions ourselves. Giving the team workable solutions is valuable for sure, but teaching them how to think and solve the problem on our own is more beneficial. Apart from that, I have enjoyed Sebastian's company very much and appreciate how we have had the advantage of finding superior solutions to various complex problems together.
It was a pleasure to work with Sebastian. Our project benefited a lot from his longtime frontend know-how. Not only does he know ReactJS well, but he always has the overall system in view. That doesn't happen often. He is communicative, committed and open. I myself would like to work with him again and again and can only recommend him for further projects.
Sebastian is an excellent developer and much more a colleague and coach who develops high quality solutions with sharp precision. Sebastian has advanced topics such as backend for frontend and frontend operations and enriched our team with a number of tools. I wish him all the best and a lot of fun and success in his new team.
As a UX Designer, it is great to work with Sebastian. His user-centered mindset supported and challenged the team and me. He is curious and never afraid of leaving the comfort zone when that means aiming for quality. For sure a value for any company he collaborates with.
Sebastian is distinctive for clear and direct communication; both in meetings and in the source code. For complex problems and requirements Sebastian seeks simple and sustainable solutions. In doing so, he uses his extensive experience from previous projects. In tooling he is up to date and follows new developments in the industry with enthusiasm.