- Development of logistics solutions with ReactJS.
- Rendering of marker content and dynamic route display on Google Maps component.
- Refactoring the original API client component to new Fetch infrastructure
- Conversion of the code base to TypeScript and corresponding tooling adjustments
- Adjustment (theming) and further development of components based on Material-UI
- Technologies: React, Redux-Thunk, Material-UI, CreateReactApp, React Router, i18next, Tests with Jest and Cypress, ...
- Technical team leader, project manager and leading frontend architect.
- International projects in multilingual teams and for users from different countries.
- Speaker at national and international conferences.
- Sparring partner for designers / UX people due to extensive knowledge in adjacent areas and an eye for detail.
- Architectural management of the qooxdoo framework for Rich-Internet-Applications at 1&1.
- Initiation and evangelist of the Unify framework for mobile web applications at Deutsche Telekom.
- Introduction of modern HTML5 frontend solutions at Zynga: The basic framework Core and the comprehensive tooling solution Jasy. Both OpenSource.
- Development of Edge Platform in the course of consulting in the React environment.
- Internet Agencies
- Internet Portals
- Online Shops
- Hardware Manufacturer
- Online Games
- Social Networks
- Logistics Companies
- Large and complex web applications: Mobile devices, desktops, set-up boxes.
- Tooling for web projects: developer support, automation, deployment, versioning, testing.
- Responsive Design: Breakpoints, Viewport Units, Mobile Websites.
- Typography: embedding of web fonts, use of modular scales, baseline grids.
- ReactJS, Redux, React Motion
- Animation, Typography, Responsive Design, User Experience
- Performance Optimization
- GraphQL with Apollo
- PostCSS & CSS Modules
- Webpack and Babel, Prettier and ESLint
- Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- Server Side Rendering (SSR)
React architect for logistics solutions for a building materials group
Mentoring and Consulting for React Team
- Conventions regarding folder structure and implementation structure in general.
- Handling assets in relation to React and places them in the folder structure.
- Usage patterns for TypeScript typing and interaction with server-side data models.
- Explanations regarding advantages and disadvantages of functional or class declarations in React.
- Recommendations for newsletters, video courses and conferences as further building blocks for induction.
- Reducing the boilerplate in Redux by using the Duck pattern.
- Conceptual considerations regarding the possible use of GraphQL.
I had the pleasure of being mentored by Sebastian during a coaching for the setup of an React based enterprise application in the healthcare sector. He is a passionate software developer, clear in his communication and a productive partner to exchange thoughts. He has my highest recommendation.
Thanks a lot Sebastian for our consulting session about HTML5/React related technologies in Freiburg. Your broad knowledge in the HTML5 universe is impressing. You gave us a lot of valuable recommendations based on, and this is the most important, real practical experience. Thanks! Stefan
React/GraphQL-Architect for a responsive new shop development
- New development of an online shop with the goal of multi-brand support and use in an international environment.
- Technology stack: TypeScript, React, Styled Components, Reach Router, GraphQL with Apollo, Webpack and more
- Introduction of the GraphQL orchestration layer based on Apollo in the client and server + team mentoring.
- Revision and optimization of server-side rendering (SSR).
- Implementation of a modern code splitting solution based on Loadable Components
- Introduction of a JWT-based SSR-compliant user authentification.
- Tooling improvements with the use of threading and caching with Webpack.
- Conversion of the TypeScript tooling to Babel to optimize execution time (especially in the HMR use case).
- Improvement of routing on the client side and implementation of preloading for various code splitted paths.
Sebastian is an always-involved, high-energy team member with invaluable experience around tools and web performance. With Sebastian on the team, we finally got a reliable SSR/HMR setup with a fun developer experience. He made it easy for us to switch over to GraphQL. Above all, I enjoyed our conversations and our technical exchange. For me personally, Sebastian was a role model for staying calm and constructive in confrontational situations. Thank you!
React architect and developer for the ARD media library
- New development of a media library for all ARD stations as a common platform.
- Technology stack: React v16 (React Router, Redux), GraphQL with Apollo, Webpack v4, Sass, Flowtype and more
- Supported devices of the new platform: Modern HBBTV-capable televisions, responsive layouts for web browsers on mobile phones, tablets and desktops.
- Development and optimization of the GraphQL interface with regard to communication with REST APIs.
React Architect for implementation of a traffic information offer.
- New development of a web-based dashboard with e.g. real-time departure information for use in the public transport environment.
- Self-responsible architecture and development in consultation with product managers. Selection of current technologies and training of employees in React and web development.
- Technology Stack: React v16 (Formik, Popmotion/Pose, React Intl, Reach Router,...), DotEnv, Webpack v4, Code Splitting, Babel v7, Edge Platform, PostCSS, CSS Modules, CSS Grid, Storybook, Jest, ESlint, Stylelint, Prettier and more.
- Development of a GraphQL server with Apollo using a variety of different REST APIs (in-house and externally).
- Detection of geo-position and determination of routes and distances using MapBox and OpenStreetMap.
- Page layout and implementation of the first design concepts in reusable components and views.
React expert with sensitivity for business requirements to develop a telematics offering
- Support in the development of a platform already used by customers.
- Distributed team with offices in Leipzig and Munich.
- Suggesting Architectural improvements and mentoring of colleagues.
- Technology Stack: React, Redux, Redux-Saga, Webpack, Babel, Less, ESlint, Karma, Mocha, Sinon, AWS, S3
Sebastian Werner joined a highly sophisticated and technically complex project in a late project phase. After a very short training period, he not only worked as a full-fledged team member, but also offered constructive advice on solving architectural and technical problems. We are very impressed with the cooperation and look forward to implementing future projects together.
Sebastian Werner's main tasks were the implementation of forms and interactions in the booking modules. and performance optimizations in chat and generally in terms of load time. The tasks assigned to him were handled to our complete satisfaction by Mr. Werner. With a great deal of dedication and his communicative manner, Mr. Werner quickly made a name for himself in the development team and was able to make a major contribution to the success of the project.
Senior front-end developer for a platform for the exchange of information between the pharmaceutical industry and physicians
- Project setup for a Green Field React application in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Restructuring of the existing component library.
- Introduction of own NPM repositories to increase the reuse of components, linting rules, etc.
- Responsive design with CSS grid layout and sensitive typography to cover the full range of devices.
- Evaluation and selection of user interface components for animation, charting,...
- Technology Stack: React, Redux, Webpack, Storybook, Edge Platform, ESlint, Stylelint, Prettier
Sebastian did a great job as a Frontend Engineer and Architect in our team. He happily shared his knowledge and teached us how to write state-of-the-art React applications. Thanks for the good collaboration, it was a pleasure working together!
Sebastian's expertise in modern web technologies is comprehensive and deep, so the collaboration has been an enriching experience for me. The customer also benefited from his involvement in various open source projects, which helped us to implement the requirements.
Leading frontend architecture and development for an online banking portal
- Building a frontend architecture in cooperation with system architects and product managers.
- Training, mentoring and code acceptance (Git-Flow + pull requests) for 2 offshore teams in India.
- Technology evaluation for new technology stack in cooperation with various stakeholders throughout the group.
- Analysis and conception of a new development 2.0 environment to improve the productivity of software developers.
- Technology Stack: React, Redux, Webpack, ESlint, Stylelint. Data connection via REST to backend layer.
I have worked with Sebastian in an agile project for an enterprise in the banking segment. He is an exceptionally talented fronted architect and react developer with a very deep understanding of UX/UI. Sebastian has a personal passion to create state of the art web and mobile applications. His ability to pick up new technology is far beyond average. He never looks for the comfortable approach, he challenged the design, the user experience, how we work, how we produce software, which technologies to choose and will go way beyond the customers expectation to develop the best product. I would be thrilled to work with him in future projects!
I had the pleasure of working with Sebastian thru his leadership of a backbone-team at a client which both of us serve. Sebastian's dedication to driving an innovation agenda, through his personal identity as well as profound software skills, into our client's enterprise architecture was paramount, and yielded some great results. Sebastian is leading by example thru his daily worklife and was therefore encouraging not only his very backbone-team but the project team itself. I would love the chance to collaborate in the future again if the opportunity was there.
It was a great privilege for me to work with such a talented and knowledgeable developer who is fluent in the latest UI tech like Sebastian. It is quite hard nowadays to find a passionate coder like him. We've learned a lot from his experience in React, Webpack and his EdgeStack during our last project. I'm looking forward to work with Sebastian again in the near future.
Frontend architecture and development for an Internet Learning Portal
- Architecture analysis and optimization of the existing front end
- Development and architecture in the React environment with other technologies such as Gulp, Webpack, ESLint, StyleLint, PostCSS, CSS Modules, etc.
- Introduction of Apollo Client + Server for using GraphQL for efficient communication between frontend and backend.
Perhaps you know this too: there are projects that simply don't run well - partly because of the fact that the best approach has not been followed in technological terms, because of high time pressure, lack of experience and not least because there is currently a particularly high dynamic of competing approaches in the React environment. Such a project needs expert knowledge and the persuasive steadfastness that a better approach is possible, even if it throws the development back. Sebastian Werner has both competence and personality and, after a detailed analysis with the right concepts, steered the project in a much better way. A significantly leaner architecture, improved tooling and the use of suitable libraries were the keys to success. We have learned a lot and thank you for your support - it was fun!
Sebastian has extensive, up-to-the-minute knowledge of all aspects of developing highly complex web frontends. With the help of this knowledge, he has made a decisive contribution to the upcoming conversion of the frontend into a software that is in line with the current very fast-moving state of the art. The result was a solution that was recognized by the frontend team as outstanding. I can unreservedly recommend Sebastian as a frontend architect, big-picture person and team player.
Sebastian is an experienced frontend technology consultant. He is distinguished by his broad, as well as deep and above all current knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies. We have therefore benefited greatly from his support and expertise in implementing the frontend with React-Redux-GraphQL for an internationally oriented platform. We have experienced Sebastian as an active consultant, who does not shy away from putting his finger in the proverbial wound where necessary. He is always constructive and his suggestions help to raise the product to an improved level.
Frontend architecture and development for online shop
- Conversion of the styling platform to PostCSS.
- Development of the tooling solution with HMR for React Universal.
- Technologies: Universal React + Redux, React-Intl for internationalization, ES2015+, PostCSS, Webpack v2 (use of tree-shaking, automatic chunks, ...)
- Target platforms: desktop browser, tablet browser, smartphone browser
Frontend architecture for innovative new investment platform of Deutsche Bank Group
- Consulting front-end architecture for a new international investment platform. The requirements were in the following areas: SPA (Single Page Application), live updated charts and internationally formatted values (currencies, etc.).
- Set up the project structure with Gulp as task manager, NPM for organizing the build environment, JSPM as package management for frontend packages with ES2015 support, Sass for stylesheets and VueJS for interactive functionalities and component development.
Sebastian Werner works very conscientiously and accurately. He has an immense overview of front-end technologies and knows both the benefits and disadvantages of common approaches, tools and frameworks. Sebastian analyzes the processes and interactions between front-end and user very precisely. This enables weaknesses in the UI concepts to be addressed and eliminated at an early stage. The front-end architecture created in the project created a considerable added value and clear structures which proved to be a very solid basis in the later course of the project.
Sebastian Werner is a very experienced front-end developer and architect who also keeps an eye on the holistic view of the entire project. He brings his expertise to bear and deals with the issues. He is focused, conscientious and yet fast and was able to participate successfully in the project.
Architecture and development of the front end of the Entertain platform
- Consulting on software architecture, best practices, testability and performance.
- Introduction of a MVP-Concept for better modularity and structure of the code.
- Implementation of a sophisticated interactive interface with advanced UI transitions using VelocityJS.
- Intensive work with Less for styling the interface.
- Use of the Huawei framework to communicate with the set-top box.
- Agent between the offshore team and the onsite team for development and merging strategies.
- Development of tests (Unit tests and UI tests) using Jasmine and DalekJS.
- Code documentation using JSDuck.
- Tooling for development and deployment with Grunt.
Sebastian and I have worked in the same project for about 1.5 years now and I've come to know him as a person who has a very good knowledge of his field and is always keen on keeping up-to-date on the latest developments - which is not an easy thing when technology advance as fast as it does in this business. Sebastian also show a willingness to think outside the box (to use an old cliché) and tries to figure out new, better and more efficient ways of doing things. He's also proven to have a good feel and consideration for the impact of his work on the end-user experience. As a plus, he's also a nice and amendable person that I think would easily fit in with most teams.
Sebastian was part of our agile development team and I worked with him as a product owner. Sebastian is an excellent web application / UI developer. He was one of our technical key UI architects who defined the UI architecture and build major elements of those UI elements. He is innovative, focuses on details and delivers solution.
Sebastian Werner does a great job in our project. He has very good development and consultant skills and brings in solutions idea to make our project successful.
I can recommend Sebastian as a person with great expertise and deep background of web architecture and Frontend development. He is a thought leader in his field. As a innovative strategist he understands complex matters even when outside of his direct area of expertise. He shows all the time a lot of analytical capability and willingness for his both personal & professional development. He is ambitious and smart. His open-minded approach could not be overestimated.
In a huge collaboration project I recognized Sebastian as a very skilled and qualified teammate. From a design perspective he served as a convergent bridge between design and technology and pushed the project to a higher level with his expertise.
Architecture and development of the responsive homepage
- Integration and customization of Bootstrap-Frameworks.
- Narrow cooperation with conception and design for the realization of a response page at reference level.
- Marketing-effective, magazine like design was combined with a low-maintenance solution for holistic adaptation to various environments (from 300-1440 pixels in horizontal resolution)
- Typographically highly sophisticated implementation using Modular Scales, Baseline Grids and adaptive column layouts for small and large elements.
- Development of an interactive tabular product comparison based on an HTML table.
- Tooling for the delivery of the frontend via Jasy, Sass and Uglify. Image Optimization with ImageOptim.
Sebastian is a highly motivated, intensive thinking and creative developer. He has integrated well into the team and enriched the meetings with many ideas and innovative solutions. In addition, working with him was fun because he fit well into the team.
Architecture and development of the mobile homepage and order page
- Implementation of Photoshop designs with HTML5 technology for iPhone and Android-based devices.
- High performance RIA with interactive layer alternation without classic page loading effect.
- MVP-based architecture with template rendering based on Core-Framework.
- HTML5 form validation with interactive feedback of error states.
- Connection to existing PHP-based backend via RPC.
- Integration of advertising and tracking networks via intelligent downstream integration.
Management of the frontend architecture of the new telephony center
- RIA-application for setting VOIP-features for the fixed network connection.
- Focus on the possibilities of modern desktop browsers (IE9+).
- Connection of an existing backend system with a REST-Proxy.
- Live-feedback and HTML5form validation in combination with background synchronization.
- MVP-based architecture with template rendering based on Core-Frameworks
- Deployment and tooling based on Jasy for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- DOM manipulation and event handling using jQuery.
Sebastian was the driving force making our SCRUM Team successful. His strong programming skills combined with a keen perception helped us, to release a web application for telephony configuration using state of the art web technologies. Sebastian is a great guy with an enormous knowledge about modern software design and software architecture. I really enjoyed working with him!
Sebastian Werner proves his first-class qualities in the development of RIA surfaces and is an excellent sparring partner in complex SCRUM projects.
Entwicklung einer Komponente zum Hardware-beschleunigtem Scrollen
- Architecture and development of a hardware-accelerated scroller to navigate fast on large playing fields. Independent implementation that can be used for both DOM elements and canvas rendering.
- Use a pre-implemented animation class with handling for dropped frames and a clean render loop.
- Accurate imitation of iOS behavior with smooth acceleration and bouncing (touch operation).
Adaptation and further development of the Jasy tooling solution
- Conception and implementation of an API browser that uses very efficient metadata in comments to generate a good documentation based on the source code. Comments can be written in Markdown and use Syntax-Highlighting for code.
- Scaffolding for easy creation of new applications based on Jasy (and optionally Core)
- Integration of a local web server based on CherryPy with support for proxying remote URLs (by-passing cross-domain problems during development).
- Connection of Jasy to Zynga's asset management infrastructure (via Amazon S3/Cloudfront). This enabled game developers to manage assets in the global system and use them locally in the game as usual.
- Integration of a SpriteSheet generator with optional packing algorithms incl. of the necessary client-side methods in Core for using the images.
- Integration of TravisCI for automatic testing of the current version.
- General support for JSON or YAML as configuration language.
- Improvements in cross-system compatibility and integration of a "Jasy Doctor" to check the system to make sure everything is installed properly.
- Polyfills for all ES5-methods and APIs.
- Development of multi-value properties (Setter/Getter) to correctly support fallback values for properties.
- Implementation of script, style sheet and image loading systems based on the conceptual groundwork of LabJS.
I have had great experiences collaborating with Sebastian on various projects. I have used his software and tools extensively and found him eager to listen to feedback and make changes accordingly. He never hesitates to answer questions personally. I appreciate his architecture choices because they are forward-thinking, maintainable, and extensible.
Strategic consulting for optimal multi-platform development
- Employing with the future of the mobile communications market and establishing web technologies to solve Deutsche Telekom's multi-platform approach.
- Development of the fussball.de Fan App (Demo video at Youtube) using Unify and PhoneGap.
Developer with excellent skills in web technologies, always ahead with technology and market trends. Great guy.
Initiation of the OpenSource framework Unify
- Development of a general navigation logic for mobile applications and preparation of patent applications for the created solutions.
- Basic work for integrating Unify into native applications using PhoneGap, QtWebkit and Adobe AIR.
- Introduction of the framework to internal and external events.
- Cooperation with T-Labs, T-Mobile and other mobile phone providers and manufacturers to integrate Unify into BONDI-Initiative or WAC.
Development of PagePlace application for the desktop browser
- Development of a RIA application based on qooxdoo framework for reading books and managing subscriptions.
- Parsing and editing ePub based books including decryption and rendering within the application.
- Implementation of a complex animation mechanism for qooxdoo-based applications and a custom theme based on the internal style guide.
Mentor, team leader and an excellent developer.
Team management and implementation of components
- Head of four front-end specialists to develop innovative interfaces and dialogues in one of the largest European social networks for pupils, students and adults.
- Redevelopment and improvement of existing interface components. Among other things, a photo viewer with the possibility to mark people.
Sebastian has extensive knowledge in his field, and is always able to adapt newest technical developments to the benefit of the product he is working on. Using those skills to the fullest, he helped improve our product significantly.
Initiation, Architecture and Development of the qooxdoo Framework
- Development of a widget system taking into account many ideas of native UI toolkits such as Qt: Layout queues, child / shadow widgets, invalidation and queuing of changes, styling of the new generation with shadows, dynamic decorators, color gradients, etc.
- Python-based and cross-system version of the tooling solution has been developed. This makes it now possible to merge, optimize and internationalize even the most complex applications for delivery.
- Internationalization and translation of applications based on CLDR database and Gettext-inspired methods and data formats (PO files).
- Implementation of object-oriented patterns for classes and interfaces like in Java and mixins like in Ruby.
I have been using qooxdoo for external and internal projects for a while. Sebastian has always been extremely helpful and accomodating when answering questions about qooxdoo and accepting contributions. His direct, to-the-point and pragmatic style is an excellent asset.
I know Sebastian through his work on the qooxdoo library which is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time.
Sebastian is a visionary who has the unique ability to put his extraordinary vision into practice. Sebastian's work on the qooxdoo toolkit provided capabilities and insight that no other toolkit has matched. His ability to combine performance, power, and ease of use is truly a welcome sight. There is no doubt that he will continue to be a driving force in the industry.
Web development with XSLT-based backend
- Design of the online presence, the order process and newsletter campaigns. Implementation of HTML markup and CSS layouts.
- Cooperation with backend developers to dynamize the content. XSLT templates for displaying product comparisons, product pages, etc. using Pustefix framework (Recursive XSLT engine)
IT consulting, Programming and Support
- Implementation of a database interface using Combit Address Manager. Development of suitable VBA macros for Word to create labels and mail merge letters.
- Creation of the self-help newspaper using Adobe InDesign 1.5.. Coordination with the print shop regarding the embedding of fonts and the realization of colour fidelity. Introduction of an employee into the use of the software and creation of a first issue of the magazine.
- Creation of the homepage. Content could be easily customized by employees as XML files. Implementation of a dynamic menu system based on Flash. Training of the team and creation of documentation for the maintenance of homepage contents.
Sebastian Software GmbH
Dalheimer Str. 12
Dalheimer Str. 12
Entry in the Commercial Register
. Registration office: District court Mainz
Register number: HRB 45232
. Registration office: District court Mainz
Register number: HRB 45232